- Environment of Okhotsk Sea
- Meteorology and Oceanography in Polar Regions
- Marine Biology and Fisheries
- Cold Region Engineering
- Arctic Sea Routes
- Global Warming and Environmental Change
- Remote Sensing
- Snow, Ice and Human Life
- Other Topic
● Special workshops or meetings are available.
◆Article: 15 September 2017 -- Manuscript (Max 6 pages, Camera-ready) (Polar technology and others)
Article papers are refereed by two reviewers, printed proceedings, and opened in a website.
◆ General: 04 December 2017 --- Short Summary (200 words) Submission
12 January 2018 --- Final Manuscript (Max 4 pages, Camera-ready)
CALL FOR PAPERS (General)
I. Short Summery for making-up the program
Authors should submit a short summary of 200 words by 4 December 2017.
II. Final manuscripts for the Proceedings
Manuscripts for the Proceedings should be sent to email@example.com by 12 January 2018.
The manuscript instruction is in the Symposium website. The more information on “Article” paper is informed later.
The OFFICIAL LANGUAGE of the Symposium will be English.
- Japanese is available for Workshop and programs for citizen. No simultaneous translation service.
THE AOTA MASAAKI AWARD IN 2018
The award was established in 2014 to honor the memory of the late Professor Masaaki Aota by presenting an award to the best presentation(s) by young scientist(s). Candidates must fulfill the following requirements:
- 1)The presenter is under 40 years of age.
- 2)The abstract must be published in the Proceedings of the International Symposium on Okhotsk Sea & Polar Oceans.
- 3)Candidates have to be nominated by themselves or by someone else.
- 4)Candidates have not previously been given the Aota Masaaki Award.
- 5)Candidates have to attend the prize-awarding ceremony.
- ◆ Registration: 4,000-Yen (1,000-Yen for student): for advance application
- ◆ Proceedings: 4,000-Yen
- ◆ 1st Dinner Party on Sunday 21 Feb.: 3,000-Yen
- ◆ 2nd Dinner Party on Tuesday 23 Feb.: 3,000-Yen
- ◆ Tokyo (Haneda) to Mombetsu (1 h 50 min): 1 flight/day
- ◆ Sapporo to Mombetsu (4 h 40 min): 6 buses/day
- ◆ Memanbetsu Airport (5 flights from Haneda) to Mombetsu: 2 hours by car